Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Paddy's Day


I love this day, more so now that I am sober, than when I drank. When I was in college I use to go to the NYC parade, drank Guinness and had a great time having guys spill green beer on me. And thought it was was fun. Now on
St. Patrick's Day, I read Joyce and Yeats, and wonder about my bio mom's family. I know I am part Irish but which part of the Emerald Isle do I hail from? Not that it matters. My mom makes a wonderful meal, I wear a button that says "Kiss Me I'm Irish" and listen to this song over and over again. I love it. Reminds me of college days, and watching "The Young Ones" on MTV. (The 80s really WERE the best years of my life). Pass the green popcorn.

Enjoy.



And Breaking news. Mary, is celebrating her 3rd sobriety birthday today! Drop by her blog and congratulate her! Way to go Mary!


7 comments:

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Congrats Susan! That's really saying a lot.

susan said...

Thank you! I really love this holiday. I don;t know why though.

Sallyo said...

Happy St. Paddy's day! Enjoy! BTW: I loved the video; thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Oh boy, I remember "Dexy" groan...lol. I was in my twenties in the 80's and used to love this song. Now, I think I'm partial to the Chieftains. This is my first time commenting and just want to say, congrat's on coming so far that you can enjoy St. Pat's in a more spiritual and sober way. As they say, "Everyone's Irish on St. Pat's day" ; )

Syd said...

Susan, a happy post! I didn't drink any green beer either but did have a great dinner last night.

Mary LA said...

Thanks for the mention my dearest Susan -- and happy St Patrick's Day to you!

susan said...

@Syd, I never had green beer either, but I really must confess, I do miss the Guiness.

@Mary, congrats again. I won't forget your anniversary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails