Sunday, March 21, 2010

BREAKING NEWS



House Approves Landmark Bill To Extend Health Care To Millions
.


Congress gave final approval on Sunday to legislation that would provide medical coverage to tens of millions of uninsured Americans and remake the nation's health care system along the lines proposed by President Obama.


By a vote of 219 to 212, the House passed the bill after a day of tumultuous debate that echoed the epic struggle of the last year. The action sent the bill to President Obama, whose crusade for such legislation has been a hallmark of his presidency. Democrats hailed the votes as historic, comparable to the establishment of Medicare and Social Security and a long overdue step in social justice.



6 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

yeah i heard. great isnt it? well i think so..

susan said...

Irish Friend of Bill- I hope so. I hope so.

Anthony said...

I'll admit to not following this story, partly because I have employer-supplied health care and partly because I view it as I do the weather: There's nothing I can do about it, so why complain?

However, with such a close vote I can only guess that there is a decent chance that it becomes yet another government boondoggle rather than the panacea that its supporters tell us it is.

Bipartisan support would give me more confidence in it being a good idea rather than a Democrat-pushed bill.

I'd hope that something that was a good idea would be supported by everyone regardless of political party, but the fighting that has gone on leads me to believe that there is something wrong with it. I base that not on any knowledge of the facts, but merely on human nature.

Syd said...

I am please that it passed. I am hopeful that those who have been overlooked in this country will have health care needs met.

Ana said...

Hi Susan!
Just came to say I'm always thinking about you though I don't visit you as often as I wanted.
Love,
Ana

D Bunker said...

Let's see; So far, in just 13 months, our new President has plunged us deeper into Debt, than every President before him, Combined: $220.9 Billion deeper in February 2010 alone.

And even Without the Healthcare Bill,the Rest of his Already instituted agenda is projected to place a burden of $170,000 on Each household in America by 2020.

And in Return we have Lost 4 Million jobs.

In this 2005 Report, Medicare Alone was expected to Cost $2.7 Trillion in new tax revenues over the next 10 years.

The Heritage Foundation has:

The Economic And Fiscal Effects Of Financing Medicare’s Unfunded Liabilities.

If Govt run Healthcare is such a terrific idea, why not just put Everyone on Medicare instead of creating yet Another gargartuan Bureaucracy?

Because it's not about Healthcare. It's about control.

Related Posts with Thumbnails