Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sometimes I feel like I can't even sing-

"Sometimes I feel like I can't even sing,
I'm very scared for this world,
Very scared for me".
(R.E.M)

Yep, my crush on Michael Stipe has not been for naught.

Watching CNN today and yep, he nailed it over a decade ago.

"It's the end of the world as we know it....
And I feel fine".
(R.E.M)

What makes people start wars? Dunno. If it was up to me, I would have all the women in the world get together, read the "Lysistrata" and use it. It;s like this old song by Simon and Garfunkel from their very old album, "Wednesday Morning, 3 AM"

"Last night I had the strangest dream
I ever dreamed before,
I dreamed the world had all agreed to put an end to war".

What evil does lurk in the heart of men? The Shadow doesn't know anymore. He died today.

I don't know why I write til; my fingers bleed. I don't know why I write for hours on end over and over and over and =

I am going back to bed with my cat where it's safe and warm. I am taking my teddy bear into bed with me. Some days I feel like December 2012 cannot happen soon enough. And Soylent Green really is people.


****This is my brain rambling after watching CNN for 3 hours today. I know I will feel different tomorrow.*******


ETA: I don't want people to think I lean too much to either Right or Left. This is not the time and place nor will I discuss my personal politics here. What I am upset with is the children. i don't want to see little coffins being put out in the street. Two years ago I was fortunate to spend a week in Whitechapel, London, doing extensive research on a book that takes place in 1888, Whitechapel. What got me was as I was trying to be as historically accurate as possible, some of the places were destroyed during WW II. After a hard day of research, I would go to various pubs in that vicinity, nursing a Coke or a coffee, and listen to the stories of men and women and what they did during the bombing as children. That is what is upsetting me. I hope you understand. I'm spent.

2 comments:

Radagast said...

Why do wars start? Well, I can only speculate, because I've never started one, but I would say that people pursue certain courses of conduct, which, in spite of the fact that they're escalating towards conflict most of the time, they cannot back away from. The trouble is, the psychopaths who run the world genuinely believe that they're in the right, when the proceed towards armed conflict, and are completely unable to allow themselves to have this pattern of behaviour interrupted.

Have you ever been pushed to the point where you have used violence? That split second when you saw no other option? Limited behavioural scope: that's what gives rise to wars, and the limited imagination of those who propogate them.

Violence, of course, is never an answer to anything, and it's a game without winners, too, because the vanquished can never be the victor's equal, again. Funny the things one thinks about, isn't it?

Matt

Anonymous said...

I have to say, ever so sweetly, TURN OFF THE NEWS. =)

Of course I have something intelligent to say somewhere up in this brain, but right now is not the time.
--mel

Related Posts with Thumbnails