Monday, December 8, 2008

In Memory of John Lennon-

John Lennon was murdered 28 years ago tonight, at 11:15 in front of the Dakota Hotel.


I spent years going to Strawberry Fields in Central Park on Dec 8, and I was in front of the Dakota the night after he died with a candle, along with other people from college .It was, the only time I can recall classes were cancelled, because professors were as sad as the students.

I loved the Beatles, and still cannot believe that John and George are gone. Heaven really does have some great rock and roll band.


In memory of John Lennon- Give Peace a Chance, Merry Christmas (War is Over).


4 comments:

Anthony said...

How strange that it was on a Monday night, during the football game - which just so happens to be running right now.

susan said...

Anthony, you are right! I was studying in my door room at TSC (now College of NJ), and listening to WYSP, when it was announced.

I didn't realize about the football- I was studying for a final the next day.....which I took and went into the city to the Dakota with half my floor.

Border Life said...

I can't believe it's been 28 years. Such a sad day.

Ana said...

Thank you for this post. I was thinking about writing on it.
I remember when I heard on the radio.
For some hours the world made no sense.

Related Posts with Thumbnails